M.A. Program (Humanities in Medicine) Application Process
For International Students Only
If you have a Taiwanese passport, please use this link for application information:
The information below is for International Students only.
International Students who are interested in applying for the GIHM's masters program:
We encourage you to start preparing your application materials for TMU and scholarship applications now. The Fall 2022 online admissions process is open from November 22 to March 15, 2022.
Here is the application website: https://oge.tmu.edu.tw/admission/apply/
Note 1: This website is good for both admission and TMU scholarships (though we require all our students to apply for at least one non-TMU scholarship, see below).
Note 2: Please do plan to apply at least one day before the deadline since Taiwan's time zone (UTC+8) is ahead of most places.
To know more about the admission process, you can also visit our Office of Global Engagement's website: https://oge.tmu.edu.tw/admission/
Here are the things you will need to complete the online application:
Two more things to keep in mind:
- Online application (link above)
- A recent 2-inch identification photo
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Your diploma (of highest degree so far) and official transcripts
- A copy of your English proficiency test (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, or others). Or, if you have had 2 or more years of formal education (or work experience) in an English-speaking country/institute, then proof of attendance will suffice.
- Personal statement (about your background, motivation, research interests, why you want to study at GIHM...etc.)
- One letter of recommendation (your referee(s) can submit the letter online, or you can upload a copy to the online application system for them)
- Other supporting materials that you think will help your application (e.g. awards, publications, professional licenses...etc.)
If you have any questions, we recommend that you contact the Institute's Director, Professor Po-Fang Tsai (email@example.com), or Professor Malissa Kay Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All your classes and supervision meetings will be held in English. No knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is required.
- To be eligible for a GIHM scholarship (this is different from a TMU scholarship), all students must apply to at least one non-TMU scholarship, such as the Taiwan Ministry of Education or Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any opportunities in your home country. Please save a copy of proof of application for your records, GIHM will consider you for a monthly stipend scholarship if you have applied elsewhere first.